Thursday, October 25, 2007

Five years and the bug

Our first date, we went to 7 mile caves....
Mike and I in BanffFourth of July

Today is our five year anniversary. I can't believe how fast time flies. We have accomplished so much in that time, bought a townhouse, both graduated university, 2 kids, and so many fun memories. Mike is the most patient, kind, supportive and loving husband and dad. He works so hard for our family and takes such good care of us! I can't wait to see what the next five years holds for us.

On a lesser note, we have had a rough week, I woke up on Monday with the flu. Luckily a friend took David all morning and both Sadie and David had great naps that afternoon. Then Tuesday David woke up from his nap saying that his tummy had owies. 20 minutes later I was cleaning up throw up. Yuk. Luckily it was only a 24 hour bug, but I hope Mike and Sadie don't get it. I spent all day yesterday cleaning and disinfecting.

6 comments:

Griffeth Family said...

Oh Meg sorry to hear that you have been sick. Congrats on the five years. It seems like yesterday that we were in Canada for your wedding. I glad that you're a part of our family!
Love, Aub

Jeni said...

Oh flu is the pits. Is it so hard to be a mother AND be sick? :( Sorry! I love your pics and I really cant beleive that it has been 5 years!! crazy fast! I love you guys so much and am sooo glad I got to know Mike before yall got married! I miss you soo much Meg!

Joanna said...

I CAN"T believe it has already been five years, that is CRAZY!! Congrats. The flu sucks, hope little Sadie doesn't get it! Megs, I can't believe your hair isn't curly anymore! It was (and still is, don't worry) SO beautiful! I was always so jealous!

Heather and Dave said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! I remember your reception in Idaho Falls, it doesn't seem like 5 years ago! You have the cutest family & you look SOOO happy! I'm sorry you've been sick & have had to clean...thats no fun on an anniversary, or anytime for that matter! I miss you!

Erin said...

I can not believe it has been 5 years. I was there when all that "dating"/ "just friends" stuff was going down. THose pictures of you two bring back summer memories. You were such a fun roommate Meg. Im so glad you are my friend.

Alysha Sladek said...

happy anniversary!! wow 5 years??? that's awesome! sorry to hear about the bug. i really hope the others didn't get it.