This is Gordon, the leopard gecko that joined our family yesterday. I was at DI and found a wonderful fish tank for $4 dollars. We ended up going to the Pet Store and this is what David picked out.

We surprised Mike with our new family member, Gordon wasn't greeted with open arms... (Mike is not really a reptile person, although he says a lizard is better than a hampster.)

This morning David held Gordon for the first time. It was halarious. Gordon started crawling up David's arm and he panicked abit a flung Gordon across the room. Now when David holds him, he gets a towl and puts Gordon on the towel in his lap.

Sadie is very curious about our new pet also, she enjoys petting his tail and squeals with delight whenever he moves.

The reptile expert at the pet store told me that Gordon may live until he is 15 years old, we'll see how long he lasts in our house. Now I have to find a supply of crickets in Rexburg for Gordon to eat.
11 comments:
Gordon looks like fun-I'm with Mike on the "at least it's not a hamster!" That's hilarious that David threw the little sucker across the room! Make sure to keep that think in its cage haah--imagine that crawling into bed with you at night. Nightmares for weeks. I love that Sadie get excited when it moves, though; how cute is that?
What a cool looking gecko! I'll have to bring James over. How fun for the kids!
mya was telling everyone lasy night about gordon. she REALLY wants to get one of her own.
We all guess who Gordon could be.....
Aubri: turtle
Josh: Hampster
Paula: fish
Michelle: your dead mouse!
Cute. That seems like something we would do. Buying a random pet on impulse.
SS
oh my gosh you are so brave! i am so scared of reptiles and could NEVER hold one like you do!
It kina looks like Sadie might eat Gordon... She has the same look on her face that Lexi does when shes grinning at Cooper.
that is hilarious. I hope he lasts longer than our dumb dog. She ran away after a week
gross. I mean awesome!!!! Be honest this little pet is really for a "mouse trap" huh? No thats cool, glad your kiddos are liking gordon. enjoy. and what about the mouse anyway??? what happened?
You guys are brave. Our lame fish are about all we can handle right now!
Audrey kept telling Dennis that she wants a "Gordon" It was fun today. We should get the kids together more often.
Post a Comment