Monday, June 25, 2007

Lovin the "BURG"

David and his buddy Dylan creating some artwork


David and his cousin Kamryn at the pool...sooo cute!

This week we have been so busy, I have discovered a few things about good old REXBURG, that have made me love this place even more. The first big discovery came when David and I were at the spray park and I was talking to another mom saying how I should start my walk home because it is getting close to lunch time.. she says to me "Just stay here and get the free lunch at 11:30" I guess everyday a truck comes to Porter park and distrubutes yummy lunches to all kids ages 1-18. So we stay an David gets a sandwich, a milk, an apple, a bag of chips, some carrot sticks and a little thing of sherbet for dessert... how cool is this?

This past week where we live it has been so hot, this means that all the little kids are outside. There is a little green belt right behind our house that has been set up with all sorts of water, spraying, slide type toys. Moms just set up all these things for all the kids to enjoy. Slip n slides, huge blow up slides, sprinklers. It is so fun David just runs and plays with all his little friends all day, and last Thrusday we decided to have a potluck BBQ out there. Everyone brought their grills to the front of their houses and we just had a little neighborhood picnic... It is so nice to have all these little families around with kids the same age.

So I have 2 more weeks until this baby comes, well I gues she could come any day now... I have definatly had an energy burst these past few days, I have been cleaning, making baby quilts, going on huge walks with David, biking and planning little home renovations for mike to do. I will have to post a picture when Mike gets home to take one of me. We are still trying to decide on a name, the choices are Sadie (Mike's fav) Talia (my fav) Elsie (David's fav becuase I think it is the only one he can say, and Gwendolyn... Gwen for short, (Not Mike's fav) But who knows, maybe she will come out and she will be somthing completly different. I better get somthing done while David naps.

4 comments:

Stacey Salmon said...

Rexburg sounds aweswome!!!!! I like Sadie. That was a name I really iked for a girl, but Aaron didn't like it as much.

Alysha Sladek said...

what a fun area you live in! you'd never hear of something like that here! wow only 2 weeks! soooo exciting!!! names are hard. i find you have to see them first and then it'll hit you. although, liv was nameless for almost a week.

Griffeth Family said...

That sounds like tons of fun. I wish we lived in Rexburg. Some day..... I can't believe that you are only 2 weeks away. I wish I were you .

Sara said...

EEKS MEG LETS HANG OUT. i will most likely come to porter park and play with you and fake that i am 18 and get a free lunch. two of my roommates are so we will be all over that. hahahah i love rexburg. 2 more weeks already?! ahh thats crrrrazy! i need to see you before the semester is through! love you!