Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rapids

Today we braved the new water park. Public swimming opened at 1:00 this afternoon and we arrived right at 1:00 and found a HUGE lineup already. We waited for almost an hour to get through the gates. Once we finally entered the park the kids were in heaven.
It was a very hot day and I am sure that every mother in town was there. The babes loved the kids splash area as well as the lazy river. We didn't even attempt the big slides, I think the babes might have been too short anyways... We had lots of friends there to play with so the kids were so happy.


I had eagle eyes on my babes the entire time, it was hard to keep track of them with all the people.
Next time we go I will know to bring some folding chairs to sit on, a life jacket for sadie for the lazy river, a bathing suit for myself (I didn't realize I would be getting so wet) and an umbrella.


3 comments:

jamie t. said...

Oh Heavens.... an hour wait just to get in. What takes so long for them to get people through the door? It was a great day though... so warm but I'm not complaining!

Alysha Sladek said...

that looks like SOOOO much fun!

GrandmaK said...

you live in a great place to raise kids! Looks like it was fun. Maybe get the kids matching hats so you can keep track of them more easily.