Saturday, July 30, 2011

28 years and 28 weeks

Today was a big day, I turned 28. I am visiting my family in Calgary and we celebrated in style. Mike is home working... (wish he were here! We will see him in a week though!!!) This morning we went to Costco, a store I greatly miss. This afternoon we relaxed, washed cars, played lego etc... and this evening my mom and dad watched the babes and sent Hill, Bird, Carl and I to dinner at an amazing little Italian Place called Niko's. It was very good. After we celebrated with some Crave cupcakes... it was a lovely day.
I am also 28 weeks along in this pregnancy, I am feeling good and am glad time seems to be flying by!
My only complaints are these lovely things.... my thigh high compression stockings that I really enjoy wearing in the heat of summer.... UGHHHH. With this baby, a not so lovely surprise has surfaced, a gross, UGLY, painful vein on the back of my right leg... It is amazing how fast this thing came. In April while I was in California, no vein at all, and now 3 months later it is REALLY there.


My doc said to get these compression stockings, and to wear them on the other leg as well for precautionary measures. My legs do feel alot better while wearing them and every chance I get I sit down to put my feet up. I have diligently searched out the appropriate medical procedure to get rid of these 80 year old looking veins on my legs, but the docs say wait until you are done having kids. Hopefully the vericose will calm down after birth. Oh well, I could be much worse off... I guess I am just vain... haha.

7 comments:

hillary work said...

happy bday! and i am sorry that you have been plagued with the varicose vein. Hope that vein(s) disappear realllll soon. Hope you had a fab day:)

Kayla said...

Happy happy birthday! And I had to laugh at your vain joke there -- very clever!! You're the cutest even with those compression stockings!

Happy Birthday again!!

Audrey and Geoffery said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great day! We miss you back here so hurry back... my kids are going crazy:) Madelyn keeps asking for Cali HAHA! Have fun!

Stacey Salmon said...

Hey Megs, if you want to do a blog book go to blurb.com
it is awesome. It will download your entire blog, including pictures. Then you can do what you want with it as far as organizing, editing, and how many years you want in a book. I think it is one of the best blog to book websites.

Jeni said...

Happy birthday megs! Love ya! My friend gets it bad on one of her legs when preg and then it goes away after. Don't worry you are still gorgeous!

Emily S said...

Okay I never go on these things anymore but I happened to look at your post and I have to point out with my pregnancy I turned 23 when I was 23 weeks! haha just thought that was funny.

You look fabulous by the way, happy birthday :)

meremorphy said...

happy birthday meg! of course you looked gorgeous as ever.