Wednesday, February 14, 2007

love is in the air...

Well valentines day has arrived, and to help get me in the spirit of romance an old friend has helped....

I'd like to rehash the story of my old friend Mark Steimeyer's engagement. A few weeks ago Mark called me asking if he could stay with Mike and I for a few days, as he was planning to come down to Idaho to propose to his girlfriend Emily who is going to school here in Rexburg. On Sunday Mark arrived, anxiously awaiting the next day when he would propose to the girl of his dreams, (you'll have to check out Mark's blog for more details regarding this....)

Anyways Monday rolls around, (this is the one year anniversary for Mark and Emily) Mike and I are Mark's accomplice's and we have some special tasks to help him propose. First of all, Mark has made this movie for emily about the story of their love, at the end of this movie, he begins to propose, but..... the movie cuts out, technical difficulties.. ohhhh the suspense. The next thing that pops up on the movie is a note that says a ride is waiting outside to take you to your prince charming where he would like to ask you a question in person.

So I dropped off this tape to Emily, (she has no idea Mark is in town) meanwhile Mike and Mark are setting up this romantic scene for emily, candles light a path to where Mark is waiting in this little gazebo thing filled with candels. They set all this up at the gardens for those of you who are familiar with Rexburg, it was very beautiful. Snow is lightly falling and a bagpipper happens to be practising nearby... so perfect.

Anyways to shorten the story, Mike and I go back to pick up Emily from her apartment, she runs out frantic and SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. We drop her off at the gardens and show her the first candle, instructing her to follow the candles and she'll find a surprise! The happy couple has been in lala land ever since...

Anyways it has been fun to watch and has helped me get into the valentines day spirit. I am in the process of making these "Outrageous Brownies"(soooo goood) and am going to cut them into hearts.

It is a busy next few days, Mike's Parents are moving into a new house up on the hill by the temple in Rexburg tomorrow, also M and D and hill are coming to visit tomorrow and then next week Aubri and Josh are coming to visit...

Well 20 weeks has passed, meaning that I am halfway through this prego-nancy. I find out if it is a mini mike or a mini meg on March 1... can't wait.

Stacey, I don't know how you don't find out, the suspence would kill me. Anyways, that is all I have to say for now, I'll have to put some good pictures on my next post, which hopefully won't take me another month to update.

5 comments:

Jeni said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT IS SOOO GREAT FOR MARK!! HORAY you guys helped out well! NICE!! Did he not go to China then? Oh that is just wonderful!
OK ALSO... HAPPY VDAY MEGS!! I am so glad you are making brownies in hearts! So cute!
LASTLY, You had 54 mice? that is sick!! We are up to 3 now... ohhh man... that is so sick!! 54! EWWW!
ANYWAY- Thank you for the story - It cheered me up for not getting anything but some M&M's today!!

Joanna said...

That is so great for Mark!! I can't believe you are already 20 weeks along now, that is crazy and has gone by so fast!!

Stacey Salmon said...

Meg I don't know how I do it either. I just like to be suprised. Are you going to be in Calgary at all in the summer. I will be there for 4 months and Aaron will be there for 3. I can't wait to find out what you are having.
SS

Emily S said...

Aw thanks for the blog on us Meg, that's so sweet :D

I couldn't be happier you guys were there to help out, soo exciting.

Emily S said...

p.s....that wasn't suppose to sound sarcastic if it did.....im quite tired, by enthusiasm levels are lacking, but i really meant it, it was awesome haha.