Sunday, February 05, 2012

Top ten winter favs

I had so much fun doing my "top ten" post last year I thought I would do it again. The winter months are LONG, cold, and very uneventful. Here are some of my favorite things that I have been using this winter to get me through till spring.

#1 Remington Curling Wand.

My friend told me about this little hair curling wand a few weeks ago, and she let me try hers. I really enjoyed it. I used her 1 1/2 inch sized one and it gave me such great curls that did indeed last longer than a regular curling iron. This baby gets pretty DANG hot, and it comes with a heat protective glove that is recommended. My friend let me keep hers for a few weeks, and I would recommend using it for longer hair, as it really does produce a good spiral curl!

#2 Mac Vex eyeshadow
I love MAC eyeshadows, I enjoy the colors and the different finishes. Vex is one of my favorite shades, I got it a while ago and find myself wearing it alot. It is a good color for my lower lash line, it is a good all over color for when I want to brighten up my eye, and it is a good color to put ontop of a darker color to add a little bit of light shimmer! If you are at the MAC counter and are looking for a new shadow, look no further and check out VEX

#3 Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser
I am a little obsessed with facial cleansing products. This cleanser is the best! I have been using this one for awhile. It removes makeup, it makes me skin feel so clean and it is not drying and it is not expensive! I use it with my clairisonic morning and night.

#4 Quinoa

My mother will be so proud, she introduced me to quinoa a while ago and I LOVE it. It is a whole grain and you cook it like rice. It is SOOO good for you. I have been making a salad with it every week that I just keep in the fridge and snack on throughout the week. I put carrots, celery, peppers, fresh parsley, garlic, pretty much whatever vegetable I have lying around. Then I will put a little lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper on it.

#5 Modern Family.

Mike got season 1 of modern family on DVD for christmas. I can't get enough of this show. It is sooo funny. I laugh out loud even when I am watching it by myself. If you haven't seen it, you need to!

#6 Moroccan oil Shine Spray
I got this from my hairdresser awhile back. After I backcomb, straighten and curl my hair it can sometimes look dull and lifeless... but when I spritz a few sprays of this on, it is INSTANT shine. I have to be careful not to go overboard because too much can make your hair look TOO shinny (AKA greasy)

#7 Revlon Lip Butters

Another Lip product that I LOVE! I love the color of lipstick, but I love the moisture of a lip balm, put those 2 together and you have LIP BUTTER. I have 3 of these, (strawberry shortcake, sweet tart and berry smoothie, all are a varying shade of PINK) and they are GREAT. You can usually find them on a buy one get one sale. You can never have too many lippies.

#8 Leopard Print anything.


I have been loving leopard print. I have a leopard scarf that I have been wearing and I am eyeing some cute leopard pumps that I saw at Nordstroms. Get yourself something leopard!

#9 Laura Mercier secret camouflage Concealer

When I ran out of my "amazing concealer" I asked the sephora lady what the best concealer in the store was... She brought me over to the Laura Mercier section and showed me this. It is a 2 tone concealer with a very hard and dryish consistency. You can either use your ring finger or a concealer brush and once you kinda warm it up, is glides on and melts right into your skin. You are suppossed to use a powder after to set it and it lasts all day long. I use the color sc 3. It is kinda pricey ($28) But it will last a LONG LONG time, you don't need much of this stuff. One little trick that I have discovered is to put your eyecream on underneath your eyes right before you put this on, it will help it go on easier.

#10 Calgon Body Mist in Red Velvet

YUMMY... this stuff smells SO good. Mike even commented on how nice it smelled, and he usually hates all of my hairsprays, lotions and spritzes. This just smells so delicious I wish I lasted longer, but for the price you really can't go wrong!

8 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Meg, I laughed when I read this. I can just imagine you loving all those things. They are all so you. I also love the lip butter, Modern Family, quinoa, the cleanser and Mac eye shadows. You really are my daughter.

hillary work said...

i need to try lip butter...you know how i am with limiting my amount of lippies.

jamie t. said...

Thanks for the suggestions... I want to try the lip butter too!

Kayla said...

I love your top ten lists! It's always great to hear what other people like! I just want you to be my personal stylist, dietitian, beautician . . .

Alysha Sladek said...

I like this. LOVE leopard or any animal print :)

Griffeth Family said...

I love when you do these little sections! They are always such great ideas.

Bree said...

Love your favs. My friend just posted about that Neutrogena cleanser too! I better get some!! And we are Modern Family fans too. Cam is my fav! haha! I need to try quinoa! Hope you guys are great!

Calloways said...

I always just use a curling iron...but you are making me think about a curling wand. I also want to try this lip butter. Love the top tens!