Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First day of school and the pole

Today was Sadie's first day of preschool. She is going to the same place that David went. Sadie was so excited to get ready and go this morning. She looked so cute! Once I dropped her off, and she realized I wasn't staying she was a little sad, but when we picked her up she was all smiles!

Calista was really excited for Sadie!!!

David starts school next week...both he and I are very happy for that!

This is a lamp post outside our house. The other night we were sitting outside playing and David was really trying to climb this pole, but he wasn't getting very far...David asked Mike if he could climb to the top of the pole and touch the light. Mike did it and said to David "When you can climb to the top of the pole like me, I will buy you a motorbike" David's eyes got really big and said "Wow, really dad???" and they shook hands on it...(Mike is thinking this will take years to accomplish...)

Well the next day we were outside talking to some neighbors and David yells for us, we look over and he has climbed to the top of the pole and is touching the light... " You owe me a motorbike Dad" he yells... I just started laughing...Mike better pay up. hahaha

7 comments:

hillary work said...

bahaaaa lil D. Love sadie's H&M dress. and I LOVE little ratatouille cali gal. cute

Sean and Shalie Beck said...

Sadie is so cute! I can't believe that he climbed that pole! Go David!!!

Alysha Sladek said...

Haha oh dear. Get him a small one and maybe that will suffice. Haha that's awesome. I can't believe they've started school already. Crazy!

GrandmaK said...

That picture of David is still making me laugh! I keep looking at it over and over

Jeni said...

Your girls are sooo cute Meg! And fun trip to calgs. Sorry we couldn't be there at the same time!

Also Meg, you would LOVE shopping here, it's really really bad for me. Maybe you need to cme visit and check it out!

meremorphy said...

how funny! awesome that dave accomplished it though, cant wait to see the motorbike! the ladies look cute as always!

Jacob and Krista Flamm said...

Jacob and I love the motorbike story... guess Mike learned the hard way... don't ever challenge your kid, cuz they will always find away!