Friday, April 08, 2011

Soaking up sun

We are happy here in the sun!
We have been in Palm Desert for a week now, and are really enjoying the heat, especially since it is snowing at home. The babes are loving the water, David is diving, flipping, swimming, and floating!
We bought this lifejacket for Cali at Costco, but since it is pink, Sadie has claimed it for herself.

We got some bikes to keep here. The babes love riding all over and notice Sadie's bike... no training wheels. She is riding like a pro now.

Grapefruit season is just ending and we have been eating them like crazy. On a walk we found a tree loaded with grapefruit. So this morning we went to stock up. Mike picked the tree dry.
Lizards run around here everywhere. We got some nets, and I caught the babes one. I think I enjoyed the lizard hunt more than they did.
My brother Carl left a few days ago, and Hill arrives today. It is nice to be here and relax!

6 comments:

Audrey and Geoffery said...

I can say I'm super jealous since I'm looking out at the 1 and 1/2 of SNOW we got last night. I feel like I will never know what warm weather will feel like again:) Please it enjoy and know we are freezing to death and I've never been so jealous in my life wanting to be around some warm weather or lying at the pool.

Tanya said...

okay so that picture of Sadie with the life jacket...SO did not look like her, her hair lookes dark! looks like your having so much fun! **PLEASE** bring some sunshine back to the burg! we/I need it desperately!!

melanie said...

i've decided you can't blog for the next month....it's too depressing to see warmth... :)

megan&steve said...

Glad to see you escaped the cold. Your kids on bikes with no training wheels, shows major skills.

hillary work said...

COME HOME nowwwww though.

MereMorphy said...

oh my word. cali is sooo much older and sadie ladies hair is DARK! cant wait to see you guys, soak up some sun for me!